Best Professional Video Camera in 2018
The best professional video camera provides high quality videos, brighter lenses and better imagers. The quality of videos captured by a professional video camera is good enough for production such as short films, documentaries and quality films.
Things to Consider
Many professional video cameras film in in 4K Ultra High Definition. If you care about the quality of the camera and you are not really interested in venturing into the film making industry, you may have to spend more. However, the features that you will get make your purchase worth it.
If you are into documentaries and filmmaking, you should look for a video camera that can deliver the quality you want. Look at the camera’s specifications to see if it can help you record high quality videos. If you are looking for the best professional video camera, here are some of the best options today.
Top 5 Best Video Camera under 200
1. JVC GY HM650
The JVC GY HM650 has a user-friendly and lightweight design, sophisticated features and excellent performance even in low light. It is ideal for efficient and HD mobile newsgathering as it can record 4:2:0, but offers a 4:2:2 live output.
The JVC GY HM650 has Wi-Fi connectivity and built-in GPS, allowing you to upload FTP files and view Android and iOS apps. Its recording ability (dual codec) allows for instantaneous HD and ¼ HD or HD and SD capture for web delivery.
- The camcorder has three 1/3-inch CMOS sensors (12-bit) with a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 each.
- The Fujinon zoom lens with autofocus function shoots wide and long angles and can be operated by manual functions.
- It also has a three-position ND filter and F11 sensitivity. Recording options include AVCHD, Proxy H.264, MPEG-2 and SD. There are 2 SDXC/SDHC slots for continuous recording.
- The built-in microphone provides extra flexibility for on-the-go shooting.
- The battery life is relatively short.
2. Sony PMW-300 One XDCam
The Sony PMW-300 One XDCam can deliver great quality even under low light due to its CMOS sensors. It is the first semi-shoulder mount camcorder from Sony to combine the low-light abilities of 3/2-inch Exmor Full High Definition CMOS sensors with Full High Definition MPEG HD422 codec.
- The camcorder is ideal for professional studio applications and field video productions.
- It has exchangeable EX lens mount, 14x Fujinon HD lens and rugged metal construction.
- The Sony PMW-300 One XDCam boasts sophisticated signal processing technology for clearer images and low noise.
- It also has eight transferable function buttons, 3.5-inch 960 x 540 LCD viewfinder and integrated ND filters.
- You can switch between automatic and manual focusing.
- Price is high
3. Panasonic AG-HPX250
This camcorder can perform well even in low light conditions and can produce sharp images. If you are looking for something that can capture the best images and footages without compromising its quality, the Panasonic AG-HPX250 is one of your best options.
- The AG-HPX250 is the first P2 High Definition handheld camcorder from Panasonic with master-quality 10-bit, AVC-Intra 100 recording, 4:2:2 independent frame and 1920 x 1080 resolution.
- It is lightweight and has an ergonomic design, 20-bit Digital Signal Processor and 1/3-inch high definition 2.2 megapixel 3-MOS imagers to capture high resolution images and videos.
- Slightly more expensive
The Canon XF200 is a high-performance camcorder that can satisfy various shooting requirements for those involved in corporate shoots, documentaries, independent movie productions, weddings and sports production. It has a compact design and a wide-angle zoom lens with 3 control rings, MXF/MP4 dual recording at different data rates, infrared, image stabilization, 2/4-channel audio recording, dual-band Wi-Fi and network interface. Its 20x wide-angle video lens can capture images with great clarity. Three lens rings provide independent control of iris/aperture, focus and zoom settings. The camera’s wide range gamma setting also prevents overexposure.
Sending videos over the internet while it’s being captured allows the user to give live footage transfers to video-sharing websites and news programs. The firmware upgrade also allows users to use the camcorder with the video transmission equipment from Fujitsu. With these capabilities, you can stream videos over an IP network without changing your current video editing and shooting workflows. The camcorder can record in MXF format, which is the format utilized for professional broadcasting. The Canon XF200 provides footage that’s good enough for television. You can also connect the camera to the internet through Ethernet or Wi-Fi.
- It can be used with the RC-V100 Remote Controller to gain access to different user functions like white balance, shutter/gain and start/stop.
- The firmware upgrade also allows the XF200 to permit video streaming over IP networks.
- This method is usually used to send and obtain video signals.
- If you are going to use it for tripod use, there are other better options
5. Sony HXR NX5U NXcam
The Sony HXR NX5U NXcam is a tapeless memory camcorder that offers a great balance of performance and power. It uses the AVCHD format and provides long duration recording. The camcorder has two memory slots, so you can save and store more files.
The Sony HXR NX5U NXcam uses a completely IT-based workflow, so it can possibly change the way content is made. Real-time hybrid recording is available in SD and HD formats through the HXR-FMU128 flash memory unit (optional).
The camcorder can provide excellent picture quality in any format thanks to its sophisticated features, including 3 Exmor CMOS sensors and advanced G Lens. This picture quality is expected from Sony, so you should not expect something less from the company.
- The HXR NX5U NXcam can perform well even in low light. It can shoot clear images in HD.
- Its Zeiss lens allows you to capture amazing scenery. There are also preset buttons that allow you to get your desired effects.
- The LCD screen has a touch panel that you can use with ease.
- The camcorder also has GPS, flash memory option (128GB) and relay recording using two memory slots.
- AC power to the camera plugs in where the battery goes, so if you're using the camera on AC power and want to take the camera, you have to disconnect AC, then plug the battery in it's place. Though this may not be a problem for some.
These are only some of the best professional video cameras today. Choose the one that best suits your needs and budget and you’ll surely enjoy the benefits that your video camera offers.